King British Aquarium Sealant 78g
King British Aquarium Fish Tank Sealant 78g
King British Aquarium Sealant is a silicone sealant ideal for aquaria building / repair, mounting valves and sealing connections.
It offers a permanently flexible, watertight seal and excellent adhesion even under extreme pressure. It is harmless to fresh and saltwater fish.
1. All surfaces to be sealed must be clean, dry and free from grease. Surfaces can be cleaned using methylated spirits, applied to a tissue or cloth, before applying the sealant.
2. Remove cap and pierce tube diaphragm (25g size) / Remove nozzle, cut off end of plastic cartridge and screw on nozzle (78g size).
3. Cut tip of nozzle to required width of seal. The nozzle opening must always be wider than the joint to be sealed, allowing sealant to make contact with both surfaces.
4. Press tip of nozzle against the sides of the joint and hold the tube/cartridge at a 45 degree angle.
5. Push the tube/cartridge while applying a steady, even pressure at the base. Ensure that a bead of sealant is ahead of the nozzle as it moves forward.
6. Smooth any inconsistencies to the finished bead with a wet instrument such as a spoon or spatula. Smooth surfaces lightly ensuring sealant makes contact with both surfaces whilst still un-cured.
7. Any excess of misapplied sealant should be removed whilst still un-cured using a tissue or cloth soaked in methylated spirits.
8. After completing the application, ensure that the sealant is kept dry and undisturbed for at least 48 hours.
The sealant must be fully cured before the aquarium is filled
Avoid contact with skin
Use only in well ventilated areas
Aquarium sealant for construction / repair
Permanent flexible water tight seal
Excellent adhesion even under pressure
Harmless to fresh and saltwater fish